Monday 5 May 2014

I May

Today, May day, is a very appropriate day for this post.
There is a lot to be said about my name.

  • When someone hears my name, they ask if I was born in May. In case you are wondering, I was born in June, My birthday is in exactly one month.
  • When I was younger, I dreamt of changing my name to something more average and ordinary when I grew up. Whoever said I was average?
  • 'May' sounds soft and sweet.
  • Since it's so unique, I don't have to initial my last names on things.
  • It's short, which is wonderful when making acrostic poems using my name because it only takes me a minute.
  • Some people think my name is spelled, 'Mae.' I quite like that spelling, so that's okay with me.
  • 'May' means several different things. Me, a month, a flower, and a verb, So my ears prick up when it's used.
Another fun thing with my name is that  we've come up with some great last names that would compliment my first name. Some of my favourite future names are:

  • May Onaise
  • May Niac
  • May Hem
  • May Be
  • May Or
If you want to comment, share the history of your name. Or tell what you love/don't love about it.
Happy May Day!

2 comments:

  1. This is Rebekah from either the 'Tween You and Me or In Real Life blogs (I read both). That was really cute! I love your name, and my favorite is May Be, but I think it should be May Bea :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebekah! 'May' is a fun name to play with. :)

    ReplyDelete